Secondary Data Competence Center (SCC)
The IPAM conducts care provision oriented secondary data/claims-based data analyses, in conjunction with its partners. Due to our proprietary and especially developed IT structure, we are in the position to in the short term provide a large variety of analyses and to answer all manner of questions in our research field. As the secondary data we use represents an extremely large population sample, our analyses can avoid statistical bias.
A wide range of research partners benefit from our expertise;
- • Pharmaceutical companies acquire data concerning the prevalence and incidence of the diseases under investigation, care provision processes and structures, clinical events recorded in diagnoses, and costs of disease.
- • Due to the large number of patients included in the secondary data sets, analyses of the causes of rare clinical events are also possible. In the investigations, we use the most appropriate statistical procedures (e.g. Poisson regression-estimates based on day-by-day analyses).
- • Medical insurance funds employ our experts to extract from their own records strategies for the optimization of the care provision structure.
- • We support innovative service providers in the development, testing, and evaluation of their care provision innovations. To this end, we use accompanying secondary data analysis, as a rule through matched pairs.
- • We offer a trust center structure suitable for allowing the interconnection of primary and secondary data sources.
Your contact person;Prof. Dr. Thomas Wilke